The Fourth Annual Conference of the Irish Catholic Doctor’s Learning Network is to be held on Saturday 8th December 2018, 9am to 5pm in Emmaus Retreat Centre, Swords, Co. Dublin. Registration opens at 8:30am.
This year’s conference theme is “Ethics & Professionalism – Informed by Faith“. We have an excellent line-up of national and international speakers – all recognised as experts in their respective fields.These include:
- Former Taoiseach, John Bruton;
- Senior Counsel and Medical Doctor, Dr. Ciaran Craven;
- Dr. John Keenan, Bishop of Paisley;
- Former medical member of the Irish Medical Council, Dr. Bairbre Golden and
- GP, Dr Aisling Bastible.
Topics to be discussed include:
- The Ethics of Conscientious Objection in Healthcare,
- Delivery of Medical Care to women living in disadvantaged circumstances,
- Implications of the New Laws on Abortion in Irish Healthcare,
- Effecting Change in a secular society, and
- Philosophy, Ethics and Medicine.
There will be ample opportunity to network with colleagues and friends, old and new alike. The conference will be of interest to doctors, nurses, allied health and social care professionals, medical and nursing students. hospital chaplains, managers and anyone with an interest in excellence in heathcare. We have reduced rates for a number of categories – details on our website.
We would appreciate if you could advertise the conference as widely as possible.
Registration and further details are online at www.icdln.ie. The venue has a maximum capacity of 100 so delegates are requested to register in advance or at least email the organisers to indicate their attendance on the day. We need final numbers by next Wednesday, 5th December in order to arrange on-site catering. So if you are coming, please let us know.